Mission & Oversight
Mission Statement: The mission of Christian Neighbors is to provide local families in need with Food, Emergency Financial Assistance and skill building Education to create self-sufficiency.
Christian Neighbors is a community agency serving individuals and families in Plainwell, Otsego and Martin school districts. It is governed by an all volunteer board.
Christian Neighbors’ finances are watched and monitored by a Finance Team made up of our treasurer, bookkeeper, CPA, and local business owners.
Christian Neighbors’ finances are raised and monitored by the Resource Development Team.
The Facilities Director and team cares for the building with which the ministry has been greatly blessed.
The Education Resource team oversees the mentoring program and classes.
The Board of Christian Neighbors
- Board President: Bruce Haney
- Vice President: Laurie Krahn
- Secretary: Jane Adams
- Treasurer: Dorothy Cool
- Facilities Management: Larry HIll
- Education/Resources: Donna Doctor
- Pastoral Adviser: Joe Shaler
- Plainwell School Representative: Matt Montange
- Otsego School Representative: Jeff Haase
- Information Technology: Greg York
- Human Resources: Edith Rietkerk
- Executive Director: Terri Shaler