In addition to the above services, we also have the following resources at Christian Neighbors:
- A Veteran Service Officer who can help you find out if you qualify for benefits or have any other related questions. The officer is at Christian Neighbors every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 10 am to 12 pm.
- A Prescription Assistance Counselor will instruct you on how to research information on free or reduced prescriptions.
Links to other Services
- ACRDC – Allegan County Resource Development Committee
Food pantry, commodities distribution, utility assistance, senior services, weatherization.
- Allegan County Food Pantry Brochure – PDF
2 page document listing food pantries in Allegan County
- Allegan County United Way Resource List
Information for many different services available in the area.
- DHS – MI Bridges
Check for eligibility, apply for benefits, check your benefits and print documents when needed for proof of assistance.
- Handymen for Christ
Ministry of the First Baptist Church in Otsego which helps with home and car repairs for those who could not otherwise afford it,.
- Love INC
Serves parts of Allegan, Hamilton & Pullman. Partipation in L.I.F.E. Skills Program provides various services, including a food pantry.
- Martin Area Resource Center
Food pantry, clothing bank, household goods, utility assistance.
Official Medicare site
- Phone – Assurance Wireless
Free Virgin Mobile phone & 250 minutes per month.
- Phone – Discount on AT&T Landline
Makes basic phone service more affordable for qualified customers.
- Phone – Lifeline and Link-up Programs
Lists other cell phone companies that offer free phone/minutes for qualifying low-income residents.
- Social Security Administration
Instructions for replacing a Social Security Card, apply online for retirement benefits, disability benefits, SSI, Medicare and more.
- Sylvia's Place
Shelter for women who are fleeing domestic violence.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency
Portal to obtain information regarding your unemployment case. Print proof of this source of income from the site.
- Update Driver's License Address
Update your address without making a trip to the Secretary of State.
- Wings of Hope Hospice
Providing end of life care in Allegan County, regardless of ability to pay.