In addition to the above services, we also have the following resources at Christian Neighbors:
- A Veteran Service Officer who can help you find out if you qualify for benefits or have any other related questions. The officer is at Christian Neighbors every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 10 am to 12 pm.
Links to other Services
- ACRDC – Allegan County Resource Development Committee
Food pantry, commodities distribution, utility assistance, senior services, weatherization.
- Allegan County Food Pantry Brochure – PDF
2 page document listing food pantries in Allegan County
- Allegan County Legal Assistance Center
Provides assistance with the legal process to residents of Allegan County who cannot afford an attorney.
- Allegan County United Way
Information for many resources in our community
- DHS – MI Bridges
Check for eligibility, apply for benefits, check your benefits and print documents when needed for proof of assistance.
- Handymen for Christ
Ministry of the First Baptist Church in Otsego which helps with home and car repairs for those who could not otherwise afford it,.
- Imagination Library
Reading program for Allegan County children 0-5. Provides a free book each month.
- Intercare Pullman – Dental
Provides low cost dental to the underserved. Serves 6 counties including Allegan.
- Intercare Pullman – Medical
Provides low cost medical care to the underserved. Serves 6 counties including Allegan.
- Kalamazoo Deacons Conference
Provides clothing, furniture, household items, and financial assistance to Southwest Michigan.
- Love INC
Serves parts of Allegan, Hamilton & Pullman. Partipation in L.I.F.E. Skills Program provides various services, including a food pantry.
Locate employment opportunities in our community.
- Martin Area Resource Center
Food pantry, clothing bank, household goods, utility assistance.
Official Medicare site
- Michigan Legal Help
Provides legal referrals, legal help, and free legal information.
- Michigan Works – Allegan & Kent County
Provides employment and skill building opportunities.
- Otsego Community Education
Community & Adult Education
- Otsego District Public Library
Provides educational resources, classes, and connection opportunities.
- Phone – Assurance Wireless
Free Virgin Mobile phone & 250 minutes per month.
- Phone – Discount on AT&T Landline
Makes basic phone service more affordable for qualified customers.
- Plainwell Community Education
Community and Adult Education
- Project Hope
Financial assistance, household items, and thrift store.
- Ransom District Library
Educational resources and children’s activities
- Seventh Day Adventist Community Service Center
Provides clothing and furniture to families in Allegan County
- Social Security Administration
Instructions for replacing a Social Security Card, apply online for retirement benefits, disability benefits, SSI, Medicare and more.
- St. Vincent de Paul
Utility and rental assistance to Allegan County families in need.
- Sylvia's Place
Shelter for women who are fleeing domestic violence.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency
Portal to obtain information regarding your unemployment case. Print proof of this source of income from the site.
- Update Driver's License Address
Update your address without making a trip to the Secretary of State.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Free tax return preparation and e-filing for low-moderate income Allegan County individuals and families with combined incomes of $50,000 or less.
- Volunteer Medical Corps
Free healthcare clinic
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
Provides supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant and postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five.
- Wings of Hope Hospice
Providing end of life care in Allegan County, regardless of ability to pay.