- Everyone is Welcome-No Residency Restrictions
The Education Department at Christian Neighbors has a two-fold purpose;
to educate the clients we serve and to educate the community that we live in.
Take Control Classes
– Six week course on basic financial skills, OFFERED NOW
- Mondays, September 14 – October 19, 2015
- 2:00-3:00pm OR 6:00-7:00pm
- Held at Christian Neighbors, 282 12th street Plainwell
- Receive a gas voucher after each class you attend (1per household)
- Call Lindsy 269-685-4166 to register
– One-to-one financial counsel from trained volunteers
- Call Lindsy 269-685-4166 to talk about what how you would like to improve your finances. You will then be matched up with a trained volunteer to assist you with reaching your goals. This is one-on-one, private, and confidential.
– Evening skill building/social opportunities offered 6-8 times a year. The goal is to spend time together, doing something fun, while learning something new.
- August 27 6:30-8:00 pm Garden to Table Recipes
- October 15 6:30-8:00 pm Fun & Healthy Ways to Deal with Stress
- December 3 6:30-8:00 pm Make it & Take It (gift making)
All events are held at Christian Neighbors 282 12th Street, Plainwell, MI 49080 unless otherwise noted. Call to register 269-685-4166.
Community Education at this time is being addressed through:
- Poverty Simulation
- Hunger Awareness Month – May
- Homelessness Awareness Month – November