Residents of Otsego and Plainwell School Districts
(Our Martin clients’ food needs are served by the Martin Area Resource Center. Review the Allegan County Food Pantry Brochure (PDF) for other pantries.)
- Clients are able to shop the food pantry once per calendar month (January, February, etc). Enough food for three meals each day for five days will be provided.
- When available, diapers, personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies, paper supplies and over the counter medications can also be selected.
How do I get food?
Qualifying households can shop the food pantry once per calendar month. Bring the following items during the hours listed below, arriving at least 1/2 hour before closing time, and in most cases you will receive a food box the same day you come. If you lack any of the following items, please call ahead to find out what might serve as a temporary substitute.
- photo id showing your current address
- proof of income for each person in the home who has income
- social security cards for each person in the home
- birthdates for each person in the home
What if I’m living with other people who are not my immediate family?
We serve everyone in a home as one household, despite the fact that you may have separate Bridge Card cases with DHS and despite the fact that you may cook and keep your food separately. Please decide whose name the file will be listed under and that person can bring the required information for everyone in the home. In subsequent months, as long as the file is complete (all requested information has been provided), another adult in the home could shop for the home as long as we have a picture ID on file for that person.