Get 1,000 Likes to our Facebook page!
Our mission is to provide local families in need with food, emergency financial assistance and skill building education to create self-sufficiency.
In 2015 we provided:
- Food to 833 households, 2,357 individuals which meant there were 2,621 pantry visits.
- Our community has donated $144,552 worth of food.
- At each pantry visit households were able to select food for about 3 meals a day for 5 days for each household member. Households can visit our pantry once a month.
Emergency Financial Assistance:
- 389 households received emergency financial assistance with a shut off notice for utilities or who were behind on housing payments.
- $192, 249 in assistance was provided to keep utilities turned on and families from becoming homeless.
- 22 households were provided financial assistance with medical expenses.
Skill Building Education:
- Budget analysis was provided to 82 households requesting financial assistance with housing payments.
- Connection Classes were attended by 145 people.
- Take Control, 6 week finance/budget classes were held in 2 locations and were attended by 36 people.
- One-on-one financial mentoring had 55 sessions.
- There were 2 community awareness campaigns ran about hunger and homelessness.
Additional Agency Highlights:
- 246 new clients
- 103 homeless households were provided some type of assistance
- 18 Veterans received assistance from our Veteran’s Service Officer
- 4,201 volunteers hours
- 90% of our spending goes directly into our programs
It has been a blessing that we have been able to meet the needs in our local community through the support of a gracious and giving community. Thank you for your support!
How can I help Support Christian Neighbors’ mission?
- Financial Donations Donations can be made online with or without a PayPal account. Once you click the link below you do not need to sign in to make a donation. You will receive a donor statement in the mail within 14 days. Checks can be mailed to Christian Neighbors, PO Box 53, Plainwell, MI 49080.
Make your donation In Honor or In Memory of a loved one.
Please include their address so that we can notify
the Honoree or the family of the Memorial.
- Food/Grocery Donations
Food donations may be delivered to the back door. If no one is available, we now have a donation box where you can safely leave your non-perishable items. We accepted not perishable food items, personal hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste), dish, hand, and laundry soap, over the counter medication, toilet tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, pet food, diapers and wipes. We also could use your brown paper or plastic shopping bags. Simply go around the back of our building, just ring the door bell. We are available to accept donations Mondays 8-6, Tuesdays & Thursdays 8-4, and Fridays 8-12:30. We are closed on Wednesdays.
- Anniversaries & Birthdays
In lieu of gifts, request that each guest brings a non-perishable food item for the Christian Neighbors food pantry.