Like our Facebook page for current and up to date information!
January – June 2016 we provided:
- Food to 496 households, 1,469 individuals which meant there were 1,194 pantry visits.
- Our community has donated $72,048 worth of food.
- At each pantry visit households were able to select food for about 3 meals a day for 5 days for each household member. Households can visit our pantry once a month.
Emergency Financial Assistance:
- 113 households received emergency financial assistance with a shut off notice for utilities or who were behind on housing payments.
- $59,628 in assistance was provided to keep utilities turned on and families from becoming homeless.
- 10 households were provided financial assistance with medical expenses.
Skill Building Education:
- Budget analysis was provided to 22 households requesting financial assistance with housing payments.
- Connection Classes were attended by 33 people.
- One-on-one financial mentoring had 6 sessions.
Additional Agency Highlights:
- 85 new clients
- 53 homeless households were provided some type of assistance
- 24 Veterans received assistance from our Veteran’s Service Officer
- 90% of our spending goes directly into our programs
It has been a blessing that we have been able to meet the needs in our local community through the support of a gracious and giving community. Thank you for your support!
How can I help Support Christian Neighbors’ mission?
- Financial Donations Donations can be made online with or without a PayPal account. Once you click the link below you do not need to sign in to make a donation. You will receive a donor statement in the mail within 14 days. Checks can be mailed to Christian Neighbors, PO Box 53, Plainwell, MI 49080.
Make your donation In Honor or In Memory of a loved one.
Please include their address so that we can notify
the Honoree or the family of the Memorial.
- Food/Grocery Donations
Food donations may be delivered to the back door. If no one is available, we now have a donation box where you can safely leave your non-perishable items. We accepted not perishable food items, personal hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste), dish, hand, and laundry soap, over the counter medication, toilet tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, pet food, diapers and wipes. We also could use your brown paper or plastic shopping bags. Simply go around the back of our building, just ring the door bell. We are available to accept donations Mondays 8-6, Tuesdays & Thursdays 8-4, and Fridays 8-12:30. We are closed on Wednesdays.
- Anniversaries & Birthdays
In lieu of gifts, request that each guest brings a non-perishable food item for the Christian Neighbors food pantry.